06 November 2013
BNP Paribas Real Estate assists BGL BNP Paribas in Luxembourg Office extension
BGL BNP Paribas, based in Luxembourg, engaged BNP Paribas Real Estate’s corporate property development team to assist with the design and implementation of its head office extension in Kirchberg. This project is totalling a surface area of 51,500 sq m
BNP Paribas Real Estate organised an international call for tenders from
architects, resulting in the appointment of M3 Architectes from among
the seven candidates.
"We are proud to be able to offer BGL BNP Paribas the proven expertise of BNP Paribas Real Estate to design and build an efficient building and ensure user comfort, all on schedule and in line with the economic targets of our client,” explains Barbara Koreniouguine, Deputy Chief Executive BNP Paribas Real Estate, responsible for commercial and residential property development. "This expertise is the result of more than 35 years’ experience in office development, both in France and internationally.”
The project involves the construction of two interconnected buildings. The site will also include vast landscaped areas combining gardens, terraces and footpaths.
Throughout this project, BNP Paribas Real Estate and BGL BNP Paribas placed emphasis on “green” credentials. Particular attention has been paid to environmentally-friendly technologies, as well as minimal consumption of energy and natural resources. The project is aiming for triple environmental certification at a European level, with a target of achieving Gold for DGNB in Germany, Excellent for BREEAM in the UK and Excellent for HQE in France. It will also comply with Luxembourg’s demanding Energy Performance Certificate (CPE).
About the extension to the BGL BNP Paribas head office in Luxembourg:
* Designers responsible for the project: M3 Architectes and the Goblet Lavandier engineering office
* Number of floors: Building 1: 14 - Building 2: 6
* Number of workstations: 3,000
* Volume of earth excavated: 200,000 m3
* Start of excavation work: 11 March, 2013
* Project completion: June 2016
* Budget: 200 million euros
About BNP Paribas Real Estate’s Corporate Property Development business:
* More than 4 million sq m of offices constructed in 40 years
* Business volume of reservations: €1.145 billion in 2013
* 125,000 sq. m delivered in 2013
* 111,000 sq. m under construction in 2013
* Planned launches in 2013: 319,000 sq. m (in France, UK, Italy, Luxembourg)
* Almost 1 million sq. m of HQE certified buildings completed or under construction
* Number one in France (Agence Innovapresse, June 2012 Developers Ranking)
- 18.05.2020 | WHAT WILL THE RETURN TO THE OFFICE LOOK LIKE? ...